Understanding Your Bill
- Please Pay This Amount – shows your total balance for the billing period, includes any previous balance, present charges and/or credits.
- Please Pay By – tells you when payment is due. AutoPay customers will see the amount to be automatically debited from their bank account and the date it will be debited.
- Next Reading Date – is the next time your meter is scheduled to be read. The line item area in the center describes all your charges and payments/credits for the billing period.
- Price to Compare – is found just below the line item area. Use this as a comparison price to shop for lower-cost period, including: meter readings, both old and new; amount of gas used, in hundreds of cubic feet, therm conversion factor, which converts the amount of gas used from cubic feet into therms; and number of therms billed in the billing period.
- Basic Gas – is the cost of the natural gas. The CAC (Consolidated Adjustment Charge) combines the Societal Benefits Charge and Weather Normalization Charge. A detailed description of these adjustment charges – along with many of the terms above – appear on the back of the monthly bill.
- Usage Comparison – shows the average daily usage for the billing period this year, compared with the same period last year.