Switch to Natural Gas
Electric to Natural Gas
If you're looking for a way to make your home more energy efficient while increasing the comfort and style of your house, consider replacing your electric appliances with natural gas.
And now we’re rewarding you for making the right choice for your pocketbook and our planet with cash back when you choose an ultra-efficient natural gas water heater, furnace, cooktop/range, clothes dryer or space conditioner.
Read program Terms and Conditions >
In addition to switching appliances from electric to natural gas, we also offer rebates for replacing existing natural gas appliances with newer, energy efficient models. Learn More >
Propane to Natural Gas
We also offer our customers cash allowances to help defray the cost of switching their appliances from propane to natural gas.
Residential Reactivation Program Benefits of Natural Gas Appliances Water Heaters:
If your home has an existing inactive natural gas service line that we can reactivate, we can increase the total rebate up to an additional $200! This rebate is not available if the service line has been previously disconnected for any reason from the distribution main.
- A tank-style natural gas water heater heats water up to three times as fast as an electric water heater
- A tankless water heater only heats water when it is needed, meaning you're not paying to keep a tank of water continuously heated
- Natural gas heat is more energy efficient than an electric heat pump
- Air from a natural gas furnace feels warmer than from an electric heat pump
- Precision control - professional chefs prefer natural gas
- Costs less to cook with gas than electric
- Can dry clothes faster than electric
- Can dry clothes for two-thirds the cost of an electric dryer
- Control the humidity of your home during the sticky summer months
- Natural Gas fueled cooling can offer significant energy savings over electric